Your responsibilities as a franchisee in the Rent the Roo network:
- Manage your home-based office including telephone reception, data entry and accounting
- Maintain the marketing program within your exclusive territory
- Provide the capital required to purchase rental stock as, and when customers require them
- Source the purchase of rental stock from local retailers and wholesalers and continue to build those relationships
- Operate from home using your garage or hired lock-up as a storage facility for occasional stock returns
- Maintain a suitable sign written vehicle for branding and field work support
- You will also need a National Criminal Report less than 12 months old and will need to become a member of External Dispute Resolution System CIO
Franchise start-up costs:
The all-inclusive costs involved in establishing a franchise is between the range of $250,000 - $300,000. This figure includes approximately $120,000 liquid funds that you will need to purchase your initial stock items.
Other costs associated with setting up the business:
- Laser printer / facsimile / scanner
- Mobile Phone
- Legal and accounting advice
- Working capital for approximately 12 months
- Accommodation and travel expenses to attend training in Hobart
- Business registration
- Credit Ombudsman fee
- VEDA Advantage membership
- Professional indemnity insurance and Public Liability annual premiums
- Phone and internet expenses
- Vehicle related expenses
- National Conference attendance
- Roo Books software monthly fee
Franchisee Recruitment Process
Step 1: Review initial information on Rent the Roo
Consider the information provided on our website that details the franchised business model and it’s suitability to your business requirements.
Step 2: Submit an expression of interest from our website
To process your enquiry, we will need you to complete an expression of interest form online and submit it to Rent the Roo for initial assessment.
Step 3: Contact from our Management team
This will allow an exchange of general information about the Rent the Roo business model and franchising. It will allow Rent the Roo to find out more about you and discuss your potential to become a Rent the Roo franchisee.
Step 4: Submit an Application form
We will provide you with a formal application form to complete and return. Included will be a Confidentiality Agreement that protects all stakeholders and the subsequent information to be provided by both parties.
Step 5: Formal Interview
Our Management team will arrange a suitable time to meet face to face to discuss current opportunities and provide you with more comprehensive financial information about the business. This will give both parties an opportunity to assess the suitability to move forward.
Step 6: Payment of Deposit
Once you decide to proceed with a nominated territory, you will be required to lodge a $3,000 deposit with our solicitors. This will entitle you to have the first right of refusal over the territory once complete commercial terms have been provided to you.
Step 7: Issue of Letter of Offer
Rent The Roo will provide you with a formal letter of offer detailing the specific investment requirements of the nominated territory as well as our Disclosure Document and Franchise Agreement.
Step 8: Execution of the Franchise Documents
After the franchise documents have been reviewed, signed and returned to our solicitors, we will advise training dates and the processes involved to commence your business.